6 October 2018, 10 am – 4.30 pm
Saltford Hall, Wedmore Rd, Saltford, Bristol. BS31 3BY
Bringing fair trade to a fair trade village
When we brought our first World Textile Day West to Saltford in 2014, we had no idea what a great venue we’d found. Our hosts the Saltford Community Association couldn’t be more enthusiastic. And as a bonus, Saltford prides itself in being a ‘fair trade village’ – a perfect fit for our fair trade ethos. Here are some pics from World Textile Day West in 2017.
What you’ll find at World Textile Day West
FREE admission to our exhibition of woven, printed and embroidered textiles.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world
- 11 am PRESENTATION. Bob Irwin – author, collector, textile and bead trader. Beauty and the Bead: Community Bead Making in West Africa.
- 2 pm A FAVOURITE TEXTILE. Our experts discuss one of their most treasured textiles. Plus: a short talk.
- £3 per session or £5 for both, tickets at the door.
- Our specialist world textiles traders.
- Delicious refreshments courtesy of our hosts the Saltford Communit Association.
- Disabled access.
- Free parking.
- Stations: Keynsham, Bristol Temple Meads and Bath.
View/print PDF document: World Textile Day West 2018
Venue info: www.saltfordhall.co.uk