8 September 2018, 10 am – 4.30 pm
Mundford Village Hall, St Leonards St, Mundford, near Thetford, IP26 5DW
Back to our roots in Norfolk
The very idea of World Textile Day was hatched in Norfolk when Magie Relph and Bob Irwin took the African Fabric Shop ‘on safari’ there back in 2005. As more world textiles experts joined the team, we outgrew our first home in Mileham and found the perfect alternative in Mundford. We always get a great welcome there. Join us and and our SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKERS Sue and David Richardson. Here are some pics from World Textile Day East in 2017.
What you’ll find at World Textile Day East
FREE admission to our exhibition of woven, printed and embroidered textiles.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world
- 11 am PRESENTATION. Sue and David Richardson – experts in Asian textiles. The Ikat Weaving of Sumba: A Co-operative Venture.
- 2 pm A FAVOURITE TEXTILE. Our experts discuss one of their most treasured textiles. Plus: a short talk.
- £3 per session or £5 for both, tickets at the door.
- Our specialist world textiles traders.
- Delicious refreshments all day.
- Disabled access.
- Free parking.
- Stations: Thetford and Brandon.
View/print PDF document: World Textile Day East 2018
Venue info: www.mundfordvillagehall.org.uk